Patent Information Specialist
Interested in this job?Apply now!
As a Patent Information Specialist you are part of the Intellectual Property (IP) department and you will report to the Head of IP. You will work in a dynamic environment with a lot of innovation.
Your mission is to search, find, analyze, visualize and report patent information concerning technological developments and products of Punch Powertrain in order to detect patent risks and opportunities.
Your responsibilities are:
- Identifying patent information needs across the R&D organization;
- Supporting R&D project teams with conducting freedom to operate analysis;
- Conducting adhoc and periodic patent searches (novelty, validity, third party rights searches, landscape analysis);
- Continuously monitoring patent activity of third parties and patent activity in technical fields which are relevant for Punch Powertrain;
- Organizing patent review meetings with internal clients to discuss the patent search results;
- Reporting the various types of patent searches and findings in a lean manner to internal clients;
- Maintaining and improving a Punch Powertrain specific Patent Archive and corresponding classification structure;
- Providing trainings for engineers in R&D with respect to patent information and patent searching;
- Identifying/harvesting potential inventions across the project teams during patent search activities and supporting inventors in drafting Invention Disclosures.
- A technical degree (at least a BSc degree) in engineering, physics, mechatronics, electronics or a similar field.
- A least three years of experience as Patent Information Specialist;
- A qualification as a Patent Information Specialist is a pre;
- Working experience in the automotive industry is a pre;
- Strong technical and analytical skills;
- Ability to work independently;
- Pro-active and customer-friendly mindset;
- Good communication skills, both orally and in writing;
- Affinity with lingual and legal aspects is a pre;
- Proficient English language skills. Knowledge of Dutch is a pre;
- You will join a respected company with an outspoken international orientation in the challenging world of automotive industry.
- We offer a dynamic work environment, the chance to grow within the company and to develop your competences in new technologies.
- You can count on motivated colleagues, professional space for creativity and initiative and short communication lines.
- We provide a congestion-free access and an attractive salary package with all kinds of fringe benefits.