Punch Powertrain honors your privacy!
In this privacy statement you can find out more about the collection, the management and the use of your personal data by Punch Powertrain (i.e. Punch Powertrain NV and its affiliates).
This privacy statement applies to all (commercial) relations between Punch Powertrain and its applicants, (potential) customers, suppliers and business partners (including the use of our website https://www.punchpowertrain.com).
Punch Powertrain at all times endeavors to respect the “Privacy Legislation”, being Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (also known as the “GDPR”), as well as any applicable national legislation relating to this Directive.
Whenever you provide personal data to Punch Powertrain, for example while visiting our website, applying for a job, ordering our products or visiting us at fairs, we will process those personal data in accordance with the privacy statement.
Which personal data do we collect?
In the course of its professional activities, Punch Powertrain collects and processes the following personal data:
- General contact information regarding (potential) customers, suppliers and business partners, such as names, addresses, e-mail addresses, (mobile) phone numbers, professional function and represented company as well as other information you might have on your business cards or in your e-mail signature
- When you apply for a job: all information in your CV, such as working experience, education, hobbies and interests, etc. as well as other information you might provide to Punch Powertrain during the application process
- Information relating to your visit to our facilities, such as video images at our parking spaces and on our premises, badge registration information, etc.
- Other personal data Punch Powertrain may need to take care of your specific needs and account, such as pictures, visit reports, etc.
- All other personal data you freely provided to Punch Powertrain, such as information on hobbies and interests, marital status, etc.
When you visit our website, we automatically collect anonymous data about the use of our website, such as your browser type, the operating system you use or the domain name of the website you used to enter or leave the website. We cannot identify you based on these data. They only enable us to continually improve our website and provide an optimal experience to the visitors of our website.
When do we collect these data?
Punch Powertrain collects the aforementioned data during or in the context of:
- Website visits
- Requests for information or quotations
- Precontractual contacts and negotiations
- Collaborations or (in)direct contractual relations
- Job applications
- Subscriptions to our newsletters
- Contacts during events or exhibitions
- Networking (in general)
- Visits to and registration at our facilities
- Handling of product complaints
- Any other communication with Punch Powertrain
Furthermore, our historic databases may contain personal data we have received from third parties. We endeavor to prevent the processing and use of such personal data and take measures to minimize the processing and use thereof.
In certain situations, the provision of personal data will be required to enjoy specific services (such as accessing certain areas of the website, request certain information or taking part in activities or events).
How do we use these data?
Punch Powertrain may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- Performance of the agreement
- Drafting and follow-up of quotations
- Responding to your requests for information
- Handling of complaints
- Security of the facilities, employees and visitors of Punch Powertrain
- Optimizing quality and content, as well as management of our website
- Optimizing quality as well as further development of our products
- Registration for and organization of events
- (Potential) customer, supplier and business partner relationship management
- To keep the individuals Punch Powertrain may reasonably consider interested in its business informed by means of newsletters
- Statistical purposes
Legal grounds for processing
Punch Powertrain will process and use these personal data solely, as the case may be, if:
- such processing is necessary:
- for the performance of (or in the precontractual phase regarding) a contract to which you or the company you represent is (or will be) a party,
- for compliance with its legal obligations,
- to protect the vital interests of individuals,
- for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in it, or
- for the purposes of legitimate interests, pursued by it or third parties. Which interests are involved depends on the processing activity. For more information you may contact email@example.com. Evidently, we always reckon with your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms and do not process personal data if this would be outweighed by your interests
- or, you have given your consent to the processing of your personal data for that specific purposes.
Transfer of personal data
We will not transfer (sell or lease) your personal data to third parties, unless you have given your express consent thereto.
In the context of the aforementioned processing and to facilitate our services, we may provide your personal data to our suppliers (such as mailing services providers, software providers, event partners, IT partners, transport partners, etc.) and affiliates.
If we share your personal data with third parties in this context, we contractually ensure that such third party may only use your personal data for the performance of these services and not for their own purposes.
Nonetheless, we may disclose your personal data in the following, exceptional events:
- to the competent authorities (i) in the event Punch Powertrain is legally or as part of a (future) (judicial) procedure obliged to do so or (ii) in order to defend and safeguard its rights,
- when Punch Powertrain, or a substantive amount of its assets is being acquired by a third party, in which case the personal data we collected may form part of the transferred assets.
Processing of personal data outside the EEA
If we were to pass on your personal data to parties outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will ensure that:
(i) either these such party has its place of residence or registered seat in a country regarding which an adequacy decision was issued by the European Commission, or
(ii) the transfer is covered by an agreement that either contains the standard contractual clauses stated in the applicable decisions of the European Commission or offers sufficient guarantees through any other mechanism under the Privacy Legislation or any other regulations governing the processing of personal data.
Storage of personal data
Except in situations where longer-term storage is required or justified by law or for compliance with any other obligation, we will only keep your personal data for the period required to achieve or fulfil the purposes stated in this privacy statement.
Your privacy rights
In the context of the processing of your personal data, you as a data subject, enjoy the following rights:
- the right to access to your personal data,
- the right to rectification regarding, and the right to supplement or update your personal data,
- the right to erasure regarding your personal data (“right to be forgotten”),
- the right to restriction of the processing of your personal data,
- the right to portability of your personal data, and
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data.
You may exercise these rights by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or sending a written, signed and dated request to the addresses of one of the entities mentioned hereunder. To prove your identity (and prevent that unauthorized individuals receive your personal data), your request must also include a copy of an identification document (passport, ID card, driver’s license).
We emphasize that Punch Powertrain may not always be able to fulfil your request due to specific well-founded and legally acceptable reasons. In such event, we will ensure that a fair balance is struck between you rights and our obligations.
How we secure your personal data
We endeavor to take all appropriate and reasonable physical, technical and organizational security measures to prevent unauthorize or unlawful access to your personal data as well as the loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration of your personal data.
Notwithstanding our efforts with regard to data security, an infallible security level can never be guaranteed.
How we update our privacy statement
We may update our privacy statement by publishing a new version of it on our website. We will notify you of this by publishing a clear message to this effect on our homepage.
Redirections to other websites
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or the way in which Punch Powertrain collects, uses and processes your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com or at the addresses of one of the entities mentioned on our contact page.